People's University is situated in Bhopal, the beautiful "City of Lakes", capital of Madhya Pradesh. People's University has ten Constituent Institutes. Its campus is conducive and possess academic environment for education & career building in central India. Our journey began with an objective of" Nurturing Humanity through Health & Educational Excellence", when SJPN decided to establish educational institutes as centre for excellence.
People's University was established by the Madhya Pradesh legislature through an amendment in Madhya Pradesh Niji Vishwavidyalaya (Sthapana Avam Sanchalan) Adhiniyam-2007 as Madhya Pradesh Act (No.18 of 2011) - People's University, Bhopal as a state Private University and is empowered to award degrees as specified by UGC under Section 22 of the UGC Act 1956 through its main campus in regular mode with the approval of statutory bodies/councils, wherever required.
The Constituent Institutes of People's University are already recognized /approved by concerned Statutory Bodies/Councils like MCI/DCI/INC/PCI & MP State Paramedical Council.
UNIVERSITY AT A GLANCE
The People's University campus is spread over 69.19 acres of area near the National Highway No. 86 in Bhopal. It is credited to be Central India's largest single-campus University. Environment-friendly campus is home to several architecturally striking buildings where every need of staff and students is met. Tree-lined avenues and lush lawns dotted with beautiful flowering shrubs soothe the eye and create an ideal learning ambiance
1) IT Enabled Campus
People's University is one of the few Indian universities, with state-of-the-art computing resources and network across the campus. Following are few prominent features:
- Dedicated IT Departments..
- Internet with dedicated leased line.
- High end Biometric systems for attendance of faculty.
- People's University has established Central Library in University Teaching Department and separate library in each Constituent Institutes to provide its students and staff a chance to explore a world of knowledge in a conducive environment
- The Libraries house a rich collection of text and reference books, journals, magazines, audio/videos, CD-ROMs, research reports and Digital Library etc. in all areas and branches of study in all disciplines.
- Book Bank facility provided to student for exploring their knowledge.
- Digital Library enables the students and staff to search the availability, request and reserve various books and other reference material available in the libraries at the comfort of their houses
3) Innovative Classrooms
- The classrooms architecturally designed with optimal room for natural light and air.
- They provide a vibrant backdrop to the academic achievements and offer a unique place to study, relax and develop.
- In this very special learning environment, LCD projectors, Desk Top etc are attached in classes. All these facilities enable the teachers to teach in a unique and innovative manner which makes the students feel involved in the teaching - learning process and improves the pace and quality of learning.
- Considering that a variety of events like cultural programs, seminars, debates, plays and other programs are conducted throughout the year, the University has many auditoriums and numerous other performing areas which facilitate the students to carry on their activities smoothly and with ease.
- The University Auditoriums are centrally air-conditioned with a fully sound proof set up and equipped with latest technology for all types of audio/video presentations. A number of small digital auditoriums are also available for seminars, meetings, workshops etc.
We have our own stadium with facilities for games like Volleyball, Basketball, Football, Hockey and Cricket. People's University regularly conducts Intra and Inter College tournaments for respective games. It has fully functional department headed by Sports Officer to look after the sports activities.
Central multi-facility piece of equipment in People's University gymnasium enables several enthusiasts to work out. It is spacious and state-of-the art gym well equipped with modern facilities. Qualified gym instructors are available to train students.
7) Other Facilities:
The University has Medical/Dental Hospital which provides free Medical/Dental facilities to students and employees of University. A branch of the Central Bank of India with its ATM operates in the Campus. Postal Services are provided by branch of Indian Postal Service, Restaurants, Snacks Corner, Beauty Saloon, Guest House, Staff Quarters, Hostels, Standby power supply; Fire Station and Photocopy Shop are located within the Campus.